For yachts from around the world
Saint Lucia's famous berthing destination
Long recognised as one of the Caribbean’s most secure anchoring spots, Marigot Bay provides protection to ships from all over the world. Known as a 'hurricane hole', the marina is surrounded by mountains which protect it from tidal changes and destructive weather. Deep enough to accommodate the largest of superyachts, Marigot Bay Marina is used as a start and drop off point for many first class boaters. All of the marina guests have access to our resort free of charge including the pool area, spa, restaurants and fitness suite - just one of the perks of using Marigot Bay Marina.
More than a harbour
The beauty of the marina
Surrounded by the beautiful tropical landscape, Marigot Bay Marina provides a breathtaking view of the bay that is simply too good to be missed. Due to the large scale of premier yachts that sail in and out of the marina on a daily basis, the harbour attracts visitors from all over the world and offers an exciting atmosphere in the heart of Marina Village.
- Guest, owner, and crew services
Guests of Marigot Bay Marina have full access to Marigot Bay Resort and Marina's facilities including two infinity pools, restaurants, spa facilities, four bars, and fitness suite. We can also arrange accommodation for your crew, book restaurant reservations, and organise land and water taxis, as well as car rental. We offer yacht charter and daily sailing services at the marina for those who want to experience something a little bit different, or need additional transport during the day. Our marina guests also have access to our laundry service, showers, and toilets. We are also happy to help with:
- Sightseeing tours
- Flower and floral arrangement delivery
- Onboard entertainment organisation, bands, and specialty acts
Marigot Bay Marina has berthing for yachts up to 280 ft in length and up to 20 ft drafts. With 42 berths and 20 mooring buoys, the following facilities and services are available for guests:
- Fuel – Diesel/gasoline fuel dock dispensaries brought directly to your vessel via trolley boat-site assistance
- Electricity - 110v/220v 50/100 Amps 50 or 60 Hz; 410v 125/200 Amps 50 Hz
- Water – metered taps at all berths with 50 psi treated, potable (drinking) water
- WiFi Internet – complimentary
- Cable TV – complimentary
- Garbage Disposal – twice daily collections from each berth
- Black / Grey Water – on berth pumpout service
- Cooking Gas – bottled exchange (TexGas, Shell and Camping Gaz) and a bottle refill service (Butane/Propane)
- Technical services
Arranged through the Marina Office:
- Please use VHF channel 12. Our entrance channel waypoint is at 13⁰, 58.05’N 61⁰, 01.90’W
- 24 hour security and CCTV surveillance to ISPS requirements
- Electrical, electronic, and hydraulic repairs (ASEA agent on-site)
- Hull cleaning and polishing
- Paint and FRP repairs
- Valeting - interior and exterior
- Underwater cleaning and inspection
- Sail and canvas repairs
- Engine, generator, and outboard maintenance
- Sheet winch, windlass, and capstan maintenance
- Waste oil disposal
- Other services available upon request
- Office services
As Marigot Bay is a port of entry, we offer customs and immigration clearance at our Marina Office. We also have telephone, fax, and internet services available for visitors to use, as well as FedEx delivery services, and wire transfer and APA encashment services.
- Chandlery and provisioning
Marigot Bay Marina offers an on-site delicatessen and supermarket where visitors can buy duty-free alcohol and cigarettes eligible for yachts. We also offer a pre-ordering service so you can book your order with us before you arrive. Also available at the marina are banking facilities, wholesale outlets, village stores, mail-order chandlery services, as well as duty-free spare parts ordering services. Hurricane Hole Bar & Restaurant is also located at Marigot Bay Marina and offers the perfect spot to hang out and enjoy the view while breaking for a bite to eat and drink.
- Regulations and fees
Marigot Bay Marina is classified as an international port entry and houses the sea port authority as well as customs and immigration for the island of Saint Lucia.
Yachts not arriving from international waters may stay for 72 hours without clearing customs and immigration.
Regarding immigration conditions, visitors can request to stay up to six months in the first instance. Bona fide visitors and yachtsmen can expect to be granted a minimum of 42 days. Applications for extensions must be made in person at the Immigration Office in downtown Castries. There is an EC$100 fee per 21 day period.
A US$21 embarkation tax (which is collected at the airports) is in effect when a visitor leaves by air after arriving by sea. An EC$15 seaport embarkation tax is levied if an arrival by sea joins a departing yacht as a passenger.
The Saint Lucia Air & Seaports Authority (SLASPA) assigns boat fees according to two classifications:
- Commercial yachts carry passengers who have paid as individuals or groups for the purpose of pleasure travel. (These vessels require an occasional license, determined by overall length, to cruise.)
- Private yachts, including bareboat charters, do not engage in plying passengers on hire and are not required to pay the occasional license fee.
All yachts pay fees for pratique, clearance, navigational aids, and passenger dues - determined by vessel weight or length. Passenger dues do not apply to master and crew on private yachts, but do on commercial vessels.
Yachts wishing to anchor anywhere in Saint Lucian waters other than their original port of entry must obtain a Permit to Moor from customs at a cost of EC$25. This allows the yacht to remain in local waters for an additional 72 hours.
Snorkelling, diving, or spearfishing excursions in areas outside of SMMA control require permits from the Department of Fisheries. A local dive guide must also be present.
Sport fishing requires a craft license costing EC$270/US$100 from the Fisheries Office. Recreational/casting requires an EC$50/US$20 license.
Marigot Bay Marina has capacity to berth 42 yachts (28 at maximum yacht size) along with 20 mooring locations anchored in the bay. Upon arrival and during their stay, guests will have access to the Marigot Bay Personal Assistants to arrange on-land and off-shore excursions as well as an array of additional exclusive services and amenities offered to our guests.