Onsite COVID-19 ANTIGEN TESTING
Several Governments have announced that all returning international travelers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test upon returning home, and Marigot Bay Resort Spa and Marina has introduced procedures to accommodate the new requirements.
The resort offers on property COVID-19 testing at a nominal fee and quarantine up to 14 days. Effective for new bookings made on or after November 15, 2021, the resort is pleased to continue to offer complimentary antigen testing for guests staying in a club level category or higher (One Bedroom Residence with Plunge Pool or higher) for three nights or more. Additionally, antigen testing is still available for all guests staying in other room categories at a nominal fee. Please contact the concierge at [email protected] for further details. PCR tests are also available to resort guests at an additional cost.
For additional information about Saint Lucia Departure COVID Testing https://www.stlucia.org/en/
NOTE: Prior to travel to Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia government requires a negative PCR test within 5 days of travel. Also pre-arrival registration is necessary at least 72 hours prior to your arrival.
SAINT LUCIA TOURISM LEVY
EFFECTIVE DATE - 1st DECEMBER, 2020
a) Guests will be required to pay a prescribed nightly levy of US$6.00 per person per night.
b) A rate of 50% of the Tourism Levy will apply to guests who are 12 to 17 years at the end of their stay.
c) The fee will not apply to children under 12 years.
d) In addition, the Government of Saint Lucia with effect from December 1, 2020, reduces the Value Added Tax (VAT) to 7% (previously 10%).
e) The 10% Service Charge remains unchanged
CURRENT SAFETY AND CARE MEASURES
Providing a safe and clean environment for our guests and associates is always a top priority for Marigot Bay Resort and Marina. Now more than ever, we remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit us. Also in compliance with and as members of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) please review the link to our Liability Waiver.
As we look forward to the future of hospitality and travel, we are implementing full-scale enhancements to our already stringent quality controls and health and safety measures. We have embarked on our newly activated CASE program (Clean and Sanitize Everything) which provides ongoing, real-time guidance on the safety and wellbeing of associates and guests on the evolving COVID-19 world and beyond.
Although the Marigot Bay Resort experience may appear different in this new environment, we will continue to provide customized intuitive service with even greater attention to detail for which we have been known over the years. Importantly, it means continuing to offer comfort to our guests and associates whilst emphasizing safety. NOTE: It should be noted because of COVID-19 some of our website details regarding normal restaurant hours, menus, beach transfers, activities, excursions, and services have been affected during Saint Lucia's Government enforced Phase 2. Please contact our Marigot Moment Maestros ([email protected]) for the details that may be in effect on your arrival date.
We continue to monitor and follow the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local government, local health authority, World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC). We continue to work towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and associates, within the requirements issued by these organizations.
Click on the link for St. Lucia's checklist before travel.
We have implemented over 100 preventative actions to assure everyone’s health and safety, plus we have additional protocols for the Marina, including and not limited to the following:
INCREASED WELFARE OF ASSOCIATES
- Employees will undergo robust continuing education and training organized by the Department of Health and Wellness before resuming duties
- Employees will present a medical certificate authorizing capacity for resuming work
- Our associates (front and back of house) will receive ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols
- Employees will have body temperature measured and recorded at least once daily. Unwell employees will be instructed to stay home
- Staff transportation will be thoroughly sanitized
- Employees will be required to wear masks and get their hands sanitized before boarding staff transport
- Employees will be sanitized after clocking in on arrival on property
- Uniforms will be laundered at the resort and thoroughly sanitized.
- Footwear will be properly disinfected on arrival into the resort
- All food handling staff will wear gloves and masks whilst performing duties.
- Floor markers will be put in place for social distancing.
- The resort has welcomed a dedicated Quality Control team who will ensure that standards are not only maintained but exceeded.
PRECAUTIONARY FRONT OF HOUSE MEASURES
- Personal Assistant (Concierge) contact will be more detailed including information regarding prior screening, travel history etc.
- Guests will be encouraged to check-in online through our resort app. Doing so reduces direct contact at the check in by up to 80%
- Guests are required to wear masks on arrival
- Incoming guests’ luggage will be disinfected upon arrival at the airport by Airport representative
- Transport will be sanitized by transportation provider and protective barrier erected on all cars to protect both guests and driver
- Floor markers will be installed to respect social distancing guidelines at the resort.
- Guests will be screened by registered nurses on arrival and at least once during the day
- Acrylic partitions will be erected at guest service areas including airport podium, front desk, library, spa and hostess stations to provide an extra level of precaution for guests and associates
- Incoming guests’ luggage will be immediately disinfected upon arrival by the Bellman
- Anti-bacterial gel dispensers will be placed in all public spaces namely Porte Cochere, all Restaurants, Spa, Gym, Pool Area, Kids Club, Public entrances
- Each guest will be asked to sign a declaration of health, confirming they are free of any COVID-19 related symptoms, have not had tested positive or come into contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 30 days.
SANITATION OF GUEST ACCOMMODATIONS / RESORT PUBLIC SPACES
We have enhanced techniques used to access and clean guest rooms. Particular attention will be placed to high touch point areas, to include key cards, door handles and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, dining tables, telephones, television and a/c remote controls, wash and bathroom fixture handles, fitness equipment, kitchen and washing appliances and soft furnishings.
- Bellmen will escort guests to their rooms accompanied by guests’ luggage. Door knob will be sanitized after opening and room will be sanitized by Bellman before entering.
- Room orientation will now take place virtually on TVs to reduce contact
- Housekeeping teams will follow strict quality and sanitation controls, including mandatory use of gloves, face shields, and facemasks while cleaning and disinfecting guestrooms. An electrostatic nebulizer system will be introduced.
- Sanitation tablets will be installed in air conditioning units to eliminate potential viruses and bacteria.
- Sofas and mattresses will be professionally steamed to help eliminate harmful viruses and bacteria.
- A health certification will be placed in each room, guaranteeing that everything has been completely disinfected to the highest and strictest standards, approved by the Ministry of Health
- Guests will receive a personal hygiene kit in their rooms, which will include antibacterial gel, facemasks and disinfecting wipes.
- Following departure, guest rooms will undergo a complete disinfection
- If at any point a guest feels ill, he/she will be asked to return to their room until the on-site physician visits for an assessment
ELEVATED RESTAURANT AND DINING PROTOCOLS
We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- Buffets will be discontinued at all restaurants
- Bar dining will be discontinued. Drinks will only be served in designated areas enforcing social distancing guidelines
- In room dining orders will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact
- Chairs, tables and menus will be sanitized after each guest use
- While physical menus will be disinfected after each use, guests will be highly encouraged to view our menus through the resort app and from the screen in the various restaurants
- All kitchens will continue to follow the highest government sanitation standards
- Each team member is required to wash their hands every 20 minutes
SANITATION AND CROWD CONTROL IN PUBLIC AREAS
We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (counter tops, tables, chairs, loungers, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- A quality control associate will be stationed in key public areas
- All public areas will be sanitized daily with an electrostatic mist system.
- Indoor and outdoor soft furnishings will be disinfected and spaced according to social distancing requirements.
- Entertainment venues will be disinfected throughout the day and will undergo a deep sanitation process at the end of each performance.
- Guests will be seated with enough space between each other to respect social distancing guidelines
- The Kids Club, Grill lounge, Library, Porte Cochere and Fitness Center will have a maximum guest capacity.
- Social distancing will be enforced when waiting in line for outdoor activities, guest seating and general service.
- Spa and beauty salons will offer sanitized check-in areas, common areas will be limited to maximum capacity, and all hot tubs and hydrotherapy areas will be kept at controlled temperatures to limit the spread of germs
THIRD PARTY PROCESSES
- Transportation provider must be a holder of a Tourism Operational Certificate which will be visible to the traveler
- Guest transport will be sanitized before and after each guest use.
- All vehicles will have a maximum capacity according to their size, so guests are spaced as safely as they can from each other.
- Tours and activities will be organized through the resort with certified tour company bearing a Tourism Operational Certificate
- Spaces for events are of appropriate size to allow for physical distancing by attendees.
- Buffets suspended.
- Sanitation of all equipment and amenities between use or offer single use.
- Linens to be transported in sealed bags into and out of rooms.
- Individual roll-up sets of flatware.
- Server/Attendant for coffee break items.
- Condiments in individual, sanitized containers.
- Seating assignments with proper physical distancing.
- Individual bottles of water on meeting tables instead of a carafe for the table.